List of things to pack for a trial

At our trials, we let Lexi out to run around in a fenced in area used to exercise the dogs before they run. Do other trials have a place like this?

ETA: this is basically talking about where the warm-up jump is. If you're specifically asking about an exercise area, then we don't have those either.

The ones I've been to aren't always enclosed.

NADAC: It's just a jump out in the open (not enclosed, but then, they expect your dog not to run off either, some rings aren't "enclosed" either)
AKC: Usually is enclosed, with a "doorway" (either able to open/close, or just some open spot)

They aren't really big....15x15 or so.

This is what I've seen here. But then again, so far, we must do things differently, remember, I have been getting check-in times for novice starts (AKC), which is really nice though.
 
Warm Up Areas

Some of the places here have places you can take your dog off leadand let them run and swim. In Westfield Mass. alot of trials are there and they have a nice fenced area that you can take your dogg offf lead to run.AKC is pretty strict about having your dogs off lead unless it is running or in the warm up area.I have seen some judges stop the trial because a dog is off lead.
 
Some of the places here have places you can take your dog off leadand let them run and swim. In Westfield Mass. alot of trials are there and they have a nice fenced area that you can take your dogg offf lead to run.AKC is pretty strict about having your dogs off lead unless it is running or in the warm up area.I have seen some judges stop the trial because a dog is off lead.

Off lead dogs can make things interesting. Here's a link to a video of what can happen. Fortunately, in this case, even though it was an AKC trial and the loose dog happened to belong to guy running the dog on the course, the judge let them restart the course.

Penny and Boomer JWW


The voice on the tape is one of the instructors I've been taking a class from. He's a really good trainer and a pretty funny guy, too.
 
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll be sure to bring the x-pen since they may not have a "play area".

How do you guys fit all this in your cars?!?! I already told DH that we are going to have to share a suitcase so all the dog stuff and dogs can fit :lol:
 
Stack it all or find a Tetris Master. :lol:

Honestly, I have a system.
Crates go up front (toward us). Tent goes in the back (surprisingly, it fits sideways), between crate and tent goes everything else. Flat stuff on bottom, chairs on top. Around all that stuff goes the cooler, bags, etc. Just keep stacking. LOL.

Not sure it'd fit in a car though. Fits in my small SUV perfectly. But I want a sports car again. I figure, shouldn't all this fit in a WRX wagon? LOL
 
Back
Top