Local NADAC Trial

Nadac

Congratulations Stacey to you and your crew for a great weekend!!!Sounds like you had a lot of and you did not have to travel far.If gas prices continue to climb the way thye are I am going to limit my trials as close to home as possible.Shadow is going to play in NADAC this weekend with the girl in class (she dubbed herself as dogless Deb).She asked me if she could trial him and I left it up to her.Shadow has a few NADAC titles.I am curious to see how he will do as he is so out of shape.
 
Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, regardless of the rain. congrates it's always nice to see your pups heading out for the first time and doing well.
 
Sounds like another good day. Minus Ember blowing you off. And Tunnelers, love it, but yeah, it is FAST!!!! And like you said, with a fast, green dog, without solid distance, it can get crazy.

Just curious, did you guys have Hoopers that weekend? And did you get to watch anyone do a bonus line run? I'm always amazed at their distance. And well, that's what NADAC is made for, speed and distance.

Glad you had fun with NADAC. As my friend always says.....there are dogs that can excel at one venue and there are dogs that can do well in all venues. But rarely do you see a dog that can excel in all venues. NADAC definitely isn't for everyone, but I like it because it's fun just to let your dog loose and run crazy. If you saw my post about my AKC JWW run, it was twisty, turny, tight, and not much running at all. It's been hard for me to adjust, lol.

Congrats to a wonderful weekend with Aurora. I know that was the biggest accomplishment this weekend.
 
You mean Kai? :) She was my naughty dog.
They had hoopers the first day, but I didn't end up seeing it. I think it was the first thing in the morning, and I was running around filling out forms for measurements and catching the judge at opportune moments to measure the four dogs.
I got to watch elite chances, if that's what you mean by a bonus line run (don't know much about NADAC) and the distance challenge was pretty impressive... jump facing forward, aframe headed to the right, pull in for the first of a three jump pinwheel, turn the dog back out to finish the other two pinwheel jumps, and then a send out to past the aframe to a tunnel which was under the aframe.
You know, I think of all my dogs, Athena is the most capable of excelling in all venues. She's just that dog. Didn't miss a beat doing hoops at a distance from me so I could get ahead when she'd never seen them before... goes easily from the tight AKC courses to those more open, fast NADAC type courses. There's not a thing I couldn't ask her to do... and that extends to outside of agility as well. She is the dog who does it all- agility, rally, herding, obedience, tracking, dock diving, lure coursing, and is getting ready to try disc dog. She's just that dog though.
 
I agree...sounds like a great weekend and a good learning process.

I am probably only going to compete in AKC, as well. It costs to much money for me to do different venues.
 
Back
Top