Long lasting treats for puppies?

mbfrench

Forums Celebrity
We're curious about treats,for Trapp.We have always used retriever rolls here for Earnhardt,as he still is an agressive chewer,and can demolish rawhide very quickly. But Trapp (and i'm sure many shelties) have a tender mouth.I don't see the characteristics in Trapp,that we see in our lab.

Are there favorites ya'll might use,that last,and keep a puppy busy.I don't like long skinny treats,ones that they may accidentally shove deep in thier throats,and choke.

I was thinking about Nylabones.
 
I am so leery about anything rawhide, since one of my dogs had severe issues with it...so I get these things called Velvet Bimple Bones They are made out of cornstarch. My dogs adore them Booda Bones stuffed with a small amount of kibble, or freezing yogart and peanut butter once it is stuffed inside will keep him busy for hours
 
Last edited:
Velvet Bimple bones..where might I find them? I had never thought about freezing peanut butter or yogurt. I could still do that in his little kong I got him.

Thank you for that idea.I have taken a new sock and tied a couple of knots in it,soaked it in water & froze it for teething pups,that works well,and even on a hot day they like it.
I will have to look for the bimple bones.For some reason ,the name just makes me smile!
 
Velvet Bimple bones..where might I find them? I had never thought about freezing peanut butter or yogurt. I could still do that in his little kong I got him.

Thank you for that idea.I have taken a new sock and tied a couple of knots in it,soaked it in water & froze it for teething pups,that works well,and even on a hot day they like it.
I will have to look for the bimple bones.For some reason ,the name just makes me smile!

mbfrench...almost all pet stores sell them
 
I have a few small kongs that I freeze baby food in for Ivy who has no teeth, she loves them...chicken or turkey are great choices for puppies. Peanut butter is great but can be sticky if they're on your carpet. Yogurt is good too!
 
And of course, there's always mulch. We have a whole garden full -- should last Beckon for months! :lol:
 
Back
Top