Firstly huge apologies for not posting anything for ages then a post overload tonight. I've been tremendously busy and although have popped in and out and read some of the threads I just haven't had time to load all my videos up and write a post until now.
I've put Angus' agility updates in another thread so this is mainly Epic news and picking up on the shows story where I left it with Angus in that thread.
We had a rubbish start to the season as my first show (Easter weekend) was cancelled - as I arrived!!! - due to heavy rainfall and flooding. Only decision they could make really as the ground was underwater and there were ducks on the course instead of dogs!
So our first show of the year, a couple of weeks later was almost called off too with poor weather conditions and it snowed as we arrived - more snow that I've seen all winter! I ran very cautiously due to the state of the ground, although it dried up as the day went on. All Es but things to be pleased with and things to work at:
The weather improved for the next show, an independent show which is a lot of fun. The ground was rather spongy and bumpy so I was still running gingerly. However Epic got two firsts in the Jumping and Steeplechase classes. I was pleased as I've been determined to improve our record in the Jumping classes.
This show was held over 3 days so I returned on the Monday. Could have kicked myself in the first class as I forgot the course. Epic had a reasonable clear in the Agility but I wasn't pushing him and held the contacts. Another Steeplechase win followed over a fast course and then a clear over the Grand Prix course, which I enjoyed.
This was followed by a large KC show a week later. The first class was awful, Epic was unsettled and I missed out a jump without even realising. The Olympia qualifier went better although still eliminated.
Now the shows are coming thick and fast as we had a weekend show. I was rather disappointed here as I felt we could have done better but for some random things going wrong. Nonetheless, all our Es are happy ones as every one teaches me something new and I was pleased with the way Epic ran and delighted with Angus. Epic won the pay on the day Steeplechase class which we both enjoyed running after all the twisty courses we've been doing recently. I only entered Epic to give him a fast run on a flowing course before his classes started in the afternoon!
We cram shows into the six months of the year they are outside so were at a weekender the following weekend. I've finally decided that its no point having Jessica around the ring when Epic is running as he will dive out to see her. I think it's an anxiety thing as he will train quite happily at home with her running around with her friends.
Angus had a lovely steeplechase run, just one small error ducking round a jump. The second day was much better as Epic had 3 clear rounds, the first time ever. He got his first G5 jumping win (3 wins are needed to get to G6), and two other places so a real confidence booster.
I've put Angus' agility updates in another thread so this is mainly Epic news and picking up on the shows story where I left it with Angus in that thread.
We had a rubbish start to the season as my first show (Easter weekend) was cancelled - as I arrived!!! - due to heavy rainfall and flooding. Only decision they could make really as the ground was underwater and there were ducks on the course instead of dogs!
So our first show of the year, a couple of weeks later was almost called off too with poor weather conditions and it snowed as we arrived - more snow that I've seen all winter! I ran very cautiously due to the state of the ground, although it dried up as the day went on. All Es but things to be pleased with and things to work at:
The weather improved for the next show, an independent show which is a lot of fun. The ground was rather spongy and bumpy so I was still running gingerly. However Epic got two firsts in the Jumping and Steeplechase classes. I was pleased as I've been determined to improve our record in the Jumping classes.
This was followed by a large KC show a week later. The first class was awful, Epic was unsettled and I missed out a jump without even realising. The Olympia qualifier went better although still eliminated.
Now the shows are coming thick and fast as we had a weekend show. I was rather disappointed here as I felt we could have done better but for some random things going wrong. Nonetheless, all our Es are happy ones as every one teaches me something new and I was pleased with the way Epic ran and delighted with Angus. Epic won the pay on the day Steeplechase class which we both enjoyed running after all the twisty courses we've been doing recently. I only entered Epic to give him a fast run on a flowing course before his classes started in the afternoon!
We cram shows into the six months of the year they are outside so were at a weekender the following weekend. I've finally decided that its no point having Jessica around the ring when Epic is running as he will dive out to see her. I think it's an anxiety thing as he will train quite happily at home with her running around with her friends.
