Measuring into large?

Simba13

Forums Enthusiast
Simba is 14 months old now. He is exactly 17 inches tall. We began agility for fun but lately have been thinking more and more about competing in the future when he is old enough and ready. If he grows anymore though he will measure into large and I know there is no way he would manage the height of those jumps. I wouldn't put the strain of that on him either. He looks far to small to me to measure into large. It is possible that my measuring is a bit off!

Either way we will continue taking classes as we both enjoy it so much. Has anyone ever heard of a sheltie competing in large?
 
they have a different system in the UK..............
not as many height classes and I don't think that they have anything like our preferred lower jump heights:rolleyes2:

Ohh, good catch! I didn't even see that Simba13 was from the UK
 
what is the cut off for the smaller size? He shouldn't grow much more at age 14 mos. My boy is 17 3/4ths and luckily still hits 16 inches... Ruutu didn't grow any from 15 mos to 2 yrs which makes it an official measurement for AKC.
 
Back
Top