Naturally Tipped Ears

AppaCV

Forums Novice
My puppy is almost 4 months old. Her ears are still naturally tipping. I know some shelties do have naturally tipped ears. Is there an age that they un-tip by, or do you think if they are still tipping at this age she has the natural tip? I ask because we want to keep the tipped look, and are wondering if we should go ahead and do the glue or not? Thanks!
 
If you want to keep tipped ears, then you need to glue. At 4 months, teething will start soon and that is when ears tend to go prick.
 
My boys came to me both with tipped ears (we got Jet when he was about 4 months old and his ears were tipped) about a month later they both stood up on both dogs.

...then for some reason they both had one ear drop. I got the best of both worlds lol.
 
There are very few, in my experience, with naturally tipped ears that stay that way. If you want to wait and see if the ears start to creep up, you can do that. Once you see any sign of pricking, I'd glue them until the puppy's first birthday, to be safe.
 
A lot of puppies ears start to stand when they teeth also I have had girls in heat whose ears will start standing, even after they're a year old!
 
I'm having the same debate. Callan is 14 weeks and his ears are still tipped but starting to spread. I looked as his baby pictures today and I already notice the difference since I brought him home.

I think I will be gluing within the next 2 weeks. Yuck!
 
Back
Top