Nature's Miracle for Chewing?

kstraub73

Forums Enthusiast
I'm on a roll tonight, sorry! :)

Has anyone ever used the Nature's Miracle solution that's supposed to keep your pup from chewing? I figured it was worth a shot... just curious if anyone has ever used it and/or had good results? I had meant to grab the cleaning solution as well, but just realized I grabbed the "go here" spray instead... I'd better return that one before it gets used on the carpet, huh? LOL...

Thanks!! :)
 
We used sour apple spray for Cleveland and it worked.

MMM is a digger not a chewer, not that that matters to this thread!

Nature's Miracle to clean with is great so maybe its chewing solution would be wonderful as well.
 
Reviews of the product at petsmart look horrible, and the amazon reviews put it at 3.5 stars. Bitter apple spray is what I typically use and seems to get the highest marks. Though home remedies may be more effective and cheaper.

If your in a bind and looking for home remedies for chewing....

I've heard oil of clove, mixing hot stuff like hot mustard, hot pepper powder, and water into a spray mix will help deter chewing (A simple mixture of cayenne and water to the point that the liquid causes a burning sensation in the mouth within a few seconds should do the trick), rubbing alchol is supposed to be effective (though short lived), vinegar (dogs DO NOT like vinegar at all).

Those are pretty much all the "normal home remedies".

One website I visited suggested a can of spray deoderant (liquid) because the active ingrediant alum dries out the dogs tongue and gums so they won't lick it for long. But I'd rather run that idea past a vet, the same website also suggested lemon balm but I'm fairly certian citric acid isn't supposed to be good for dogs either.

Bitter apple from what I can tell is a mix of Rubbing Alchol and bitters. The bitters seems to deter my pup longer than the alchol smell did...he just walked up and *lick* then *yuck*...

I know you didn't ask for this but...As for the normal "Accident" natures miracle. IMHO it's good but it's over priced. Simple Solutions got a really good pet stain and odor remover it's enzyme based like natures miricle and it is typically cheaper ($14.99 for a gallon vs $28.99 a gallon), it's got a little bit of a baby powder scent too it as well which helps with the really stinky messes.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top