Need something for the boys to chew on

Blue Buffalo put out a press release yesterday - their food is safe. They have not been bought out:

Hi pet parents. Recently we have seen a rash of FB posts expressing concern about information you have read about Blue Buffalo on other web sites. Some of these other posts are on sites that claim to contain “independent” reviews of products. Some even have names that might be read to suggest the sites have official government functions. And the posts tell some very negative stories about Blue Buffalo. We have also read these posts, and we are very concerned, because of their total lack of accuracy with regard to the quality of BLUE food.

They may claim that BLUE sources its meat from China. Absolutely false. Or that we get grains from China. Also false. Or that we have been sold to a “conglomerate”. Yep, you guessed, it: totally false...we're an independent and family run company.

Some of the posts tell distressing stories about pet illnesses, and describe BLUE’s alleged refusal to respond to inquiries about the pet illnesses. Nothing could be further from the truth. We take all claims about the integrity of our products very seriously. Every single claim that comes into our Customer Care Center, either by e-mail or telephone, is fully investigated. The medical records are reviewed by our veterinarians, our manufacturing records are pored over, to look for any indication that an error has occurred. And, we keep very detailed records of all claims. So we know when a post on another site matches up with a claim we have received at Customer Care. They almost never do. If the “consumers” who write these posts really do exist, the stories they tell have almost never been brought to us in a way that would allow us to investigate, verify, and respond to the claim. These claims are unsubstantiated, and we firmly believe that it's their design because competition is not always friendly, and the web can be used to start rumors without the need for any support.

The important thing to take away from all of this for you, as pet parents, is to be very suspicious of any of these “review” sites. And certainly do not rely on them for information about Blue Buffalo, or any product for that matter. If you want to know anything about Blue Buffalo or its products, please contact our Customer Care Team using the tab above or by calling 1-800-919-2833. Our Customer Care associates, who are employees of Blue Buffalo here in the United States, are there for you and will help resolve any issues you may have. The integrity of our products is the lifeblood of our brand, and the relationship of trust we have with you and all companion animals, and is something we will never compromise.


Olive's main food is Blue Buffalo, she eats a lot of Blue Buffalo treats. We've never had a problem and have been very happy with every product we've purchased. I'm glad the company put out this press release. Thanks for posting it!
 
I'd be willing to try stuffing one and freezing it and seeing if it interests her, but don't quite understand the whole process. I assume you put whatever you're stuffing it with in the hole at the end, but doesn't it leak out after it warms up and get all over everything? Also, how do they get it out? I don't know that her mouth is capable of biting it hard enough to squeeze it all out.

If you are referring to any sort of paste (for example, peanut butter or cream cheese), they just lick it with the tongue. Freezing just make it last longer, which is great if your goal is to keep the dog entertained for as long as possible.

If you are referring to something solid, and if the item is bigger than then opening (ie you need to squeeze the kong to widen the end to push it in), they would not be able to get it out. In that case, the kong becomes a tease, and the dog will probably lose interest pretty quickly.
 
Chews

You all are going to persuade me to try a bully stick,aren't you? The whole idea just is so disgusting to me.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If your dog is not use to having bully sticks start her out slow as it will give your dog the poops.I learned the hard way.I like to give mine beef rib bones and they just chew on them all day.:wink2:
 
I got some antlers but I think they were too big for the boys. Rascal still has one outside that he chews on once in awhile. When do you know they need to be replaced? When the boys no longer chew on them?

What are Cheese Chews, Barb?

And Himalyan bones? What kind of bones?

I have to confess something. I have just simply not been able to make myself buy bully sticks. That's just so disgusting.


Sorry, I'm a little late in answering.

As an alternative to deer antlers but for a longer, all natural chew....Cheese sticks. Made by the same company as my deer antlers.

http://www.thisandthatcanineco.com/products/everest-chews/

I don't have a problem with bully sticks. the problem is that they don't last as a long chew. Antlers will last for months. But not all dog go for them. Bacca just look like I'm nuts when I give one to him.

Cheese sticks at least several days or longer. And my picky pup actually likes them
 
Ronna, thanks for posting this! Makes me feel a lot better.

You're welcome. I was relieved as well as I have Emma on the weight management one and she is doing so well on it and they have one I can put Liam on that is fairly low fat. Just need to find something for them to chew on.
 
You all are going to persuade me to try a bully stick,aren't you? The whole idea just is so disgusting to me.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I know... They disgust my husband, too. I find that they don't smell bad if you're not actually cuddling with the dog when he's chewing it. After reading all the posts about deer antlers I decided to try it. Nope! Sammy doesn't show much interest in it. He just loves his old bully sticks....but they have to be Bentley's.

Janet
 
Back
Top