New bland diet!

Megansmom

Forums Sage
I know several of you have cats, but I am interested in what you feed them! My 2 cats are old 13+ and 15+, the older one has a VERY sensitive stomach and even Wellness was too strong for her as she threw up whenever she ate it. If the dry food has too much protein or the first 3-4 ingredients are meats, she throws it up. My Vet currently has her on a prescription canned food and honest to God she hasn't thrown up in a couple of days which is great. However, I have to put a little tuna juice over it since it is so bland to entice her..I'll continue to do that if it's necessary but would rather not long term..

Any suggestions on what to feed a senior aged, sensitve stomach, indoor cat, PLEASE :biggrin2:.
 
My cat has a really bad sensitive stomach too. Unfortunately, I can't help you because we have switched him to Wellness canned food, which he has done great on thus far. But you said that didn't work for your cats.

Are your cats not eating enough because they don't like the prescription food? With a cat with a sensitive stomach I think it might be better to keep them where they aren't getting sick, even if the prescription food isn't the highest quality as far as ingredients go. Of course, that's coming from a girl who's tired of puke all over her bed :)
 
My cat has a really bad sensitive stomach too. Unfortunately, I can't help you because we have switched him to Wellness canned food, which he has done great on thus far. But you said that didn't work for your cats.

Are your cats not eating enough because they don't like the prescription food? With a cat with a sensitive stomach I think it might be better to keep them where they aren't getting sick, even if the prescription food isn't the highest quality as far as ingredients go. Of course, that's coming from a girl who's tired of puke all over her bed :)


I had them on both Wellness dry and canned and both made her sick. I just started the prescription food yesterday, but haven't had throw up since! I may just stick with the prescription and drizzle it with tuna, if it works ya know!?

Thank youuuu :wink2:
 
Back
Top