New dry food question

ScottinBend

Forums Regular
Hello all,

been awhile since I have been here and I have a question about a new dry dog food available in my area.

Here is a link to the site http://orionschoice.com/

We have been feeding our Shelties the Canidae all life stages food with no issues for about 9 months now. The above food is actually produced for a local gentleman and comes highly recommended by some locals.

Is there anything about the Orion food I should be cincerned about or would it be a good replacement for our current food?

Thanks!
 
The ingredient list looks pretty good, and how nice that it's produced locally! I'd say give it a go and see how your dogs do on it. Just make the transition slowly. Let us know how it works out!
 
I like the fact that the food doesn't contain wheat, soy, corn, etc., but would be a bit concerned about the manufacturer's claims that chicken meal and pork meal are higher quality ingredients than chicken and pork. It simply isn't true. Here's a link to a site that tells you exactly what those ingredients are.

Ingredients to Avoid, The Dog Food Project

I doubt that the food will hurt your dog. People have fed much worse things to dogs that thrived, but I think there are probably higher quality foods that cost about the same.
 
I like the fact that the food doesn't contain wheat, soy, corn, etc., but would be a bit concerned about the manufacturer's claims that chicken meal and pork meal are higher quality ingredients than chicken and pork. It simply isn't true. Here's a link to a site that tells you exactly what those ingredients are.

This would concern me as well. I had a company tell me this before as well. I think it may be been nutro - natural balance? I can't remember.
 
Back
Top