New Puppy Questions

Has anyone heard of the brand of dog food Life's Abundance? I have heard from a breeder that it is wonderful and her dogs just love it. It is to be really good for them too. Can anyone give any thoughts on this brand?? I have kinda decided on TOTW but thought I would ask about this one since the breeder had suggested it. Thanks for all the input!

Char
Sheltie mom in the making...........
should have me little girl in about a month and a half!!!! yeah!!! Can't wait!!
:yes:
 
Has anyone heard of the brand of dog food Life's Abundance? I have heard from a breeder that it is wonderful and her dogs just love it. It is to be really good for them too. Can anyone give any thoughts on this brand?? I have kinda decided on TOTW but thought I would ask about this one since the breeder had suggested it. Thanks for all the input!

Char
Sheltie mom in the making...........
should have me little girl in about a month and a half!!!! yeah!!! Can't wait!!
:yes:

When my friend Rachel(Diva's co owner) feeds kibble, she feeds Life abudance. Her Malamute Kiva has been on it for almost 2 yrs and does great on it. This is a dog that Rachel must be very careful with. Kiva had a major GI upset(severe vomiting and bloody diarrhea) when she was 11 months old and almost died. Thousands of dollars of diagnostics, 1 week in the ICU at the U of M vet school, could not get to the bottom of it. Even after that she had problems with her digestion for a long time. It took her a while to find LA but now she swears by it. We recommend it to our puppy buyers if they don't want to fed raw. 2 of them are on it and doing great.
 
For stains, I sprinkle on ordinary white vinegar and blot it with paper towels, and then use ordinary carpet cleaner on it. I have never had a problem with any pup going back to the same spot. This also works for vomit or anything spilt on the carpet.
 
Has anyone heard of the brand of dog food Life's Abundance? I have heard from a breeder that it is wonderful and her dogs just love it. It is to be really good for them too. Can anyone give any thoughts on this brand?? I have kinda decided on TOTW but thought I would ask about this one since the breeder had suggested it. Thanks for all the input!

Char
Sheltie mom in the making...........
should have me little girl in about a month and a half!!!! yeah!!! Can't wait!!
:yes:

I fed Life's Abundance for a long while. Then I discovered Orijen and switched. I'm a strong proponent of high protein and no grain.
 
My dogs are on Life Abundance so to speak. My 2 pups are fed raw mostly but we have LA for training purposes, filling Nina Ottoson toys and on the road when raw food is not happening, Sammy/ my BIL sheltie/ is on LA kibble.
All of them love it, do well on it. I think big advantage that food is pretty much made to order, it gets delivered to your house, so you pretty assured it was not stored for years in some overheated truck. When you receive it, it is fresh and smells good. Customer service is easy and I have been doing adjustments almost every order, which was easily done- I usually order additional stuff, like cookies, dental treats, pig nozzles, cat food etc.Never a problem!
I have no issues with dogs eating some healthy grains, fruits, yougurt, honey etc so LA works well for us. I would rec it to anyone.
I would have issues with products Orijen/ Acana line makes as they add tons of herbs to their product, MEDICINAL herbs, that meant to be drugs, not culinary herbs like parsley and chives. To me it is like sprinkling aspirin on your pup's every bowl of kibble- WHY? But the good news that there is ton of kibble out there and people get to have fun agonizing on which one is the best:lol:
 
Thanks for all the input on the LA kibble. I am definitely going to have to do some comparison. And yes, there are alot of dry kibble brands out there and I just want to make sure that I am getting the very best for my little girl! I am so glad that I have gotten to be a part of this forum as the people on here are the best for knowledge and friendship!!!

thank you , thank you , thank you!!

Char
Sheltie mom in waiting.....
and in the making.........................
 
Back
Top