Olive can vouch for muttluks

Greenepony

Forums Enthusiast
It's still coming down here (of course, we're in the worst band of it) but Olive got to wear her muttluks again - this time in snow, not ice masquerading as snow. I think she likes powder a lot more, she was prancing :biggrin2:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97896429@N06/12910025943/

I'm in still in my PJs (fed shut down, woo!) so DH kindly took her out. It doesn't look it, but we have at least 6" in our courtyard. For once, we didn't have frozen paws to deal with when she got back inside (frozen nose was another matter)

I realized the Cherry Blossom Festival starts in two weeks, I'm not sure we're going to have many blossoms this year (especially since it's supposed to snow, again, next week)
 
Olive looks like she's another smaller sheltie. We had 4 inches here on the weekend, can't wait for it to end but I suspect our Hanna is goingto miss it when it's finally gone.
 
I have never seen a Sheltie marked quite like your pretty, pretty little Olive. She sure looks to be having a grand time in her own person winter wonderland.
 
I have never seen a Sheltie marked quite like your pretty, pretty little Olive. She sure looks to be having a grand time in her own person winter wonderland.

Her coloring is what always makes us wonder if there's something else in her background but the rescue picked up another Sheltie a year older from the same area with similar coloring so it's possible she's full.


I think she's ready for the snow to go away; like DH, she's a Texan and was not prepared for all this cold stuff.
 
She's so cute!!! I can't believe the snow though. Yikes.

Koji got to wear his booties too. Well, actually they were his big brother's, but since he's passed, it's Koji's now. Some people made fun of me, but when I didn't have to deal with ice balls in the paws, I laughed at them. :P

Just remember to let them dry. I realized at one point, they weren't drying, so they were cold and wet!!! Then to take him out in the snow/ice, yikes. I finally had to hang them by my heater so they'd be dry for his next walk. I forget that they're not really waterproof.

Koji liked the fluffy snow too (first time seeing snow, period). He didn't like it when there was a layer of ice on top and he'd fall through into 4" of snow. Poor guy.

Here's hoping Olive at least gets the fluffy stuff.
 
We have an inch of ice under 2-7" of powder (depending on wind breaks). Last snow we had an inch thick ice cap at 7-8", Olive would stand up on it and then face plant when it gave way, so she's a little wary this go round.

I have a special leather wash (fat based) for my breeches so her muttluks get thrown in with that, to clean off the gross ice melt. Thankfully the mess bag they came is great for washing and for hanging up to dry.

Funny Story: Before her muttluks came in the mail (bought other boots last year but they never worked well) DH would carry Olive like a football to a potty area so she wouldn't get ice melt/salt on her feet. A couple was walking by at the same so DH had to explain why he was carrying his froofy fluffy dog. The wife/girlfriend said, "Oh that's a great idea! We should do that for Buster!" The guy deadpanned "He'll be fine." :lol:
 
We sell two booties....Muttlucks and Paws (rubber boot)

The secret to both is to fit them right and don't be hesitant to fit them tight! Muttlucks in particular.....don't be shy about wrapping the Velcro really tight. If you don't you will lose a boot!

p.s. I've considered setting up a new item in my store for individual muttlucks! So my customers can replace that one lost boot without buying a whole new pack. They are not cheap!
 
The secret to both is to fit them right and don't be hesitant to fit them tight! Muttlucks in particular.....don't be shy about wrapping the Velcro really tight. If you don't you will lose a boot!
DH learned the tight rule the hard way- I've been designated the official boot putter-oner :lol:
 
Back
Top