ORIJEN puppy or adult?

Lacey'sMamma

Forums Enthusiast
I have finally decided on a food. ORIJEN. If she does fine on this food then I'm happy. She is nine months and i can feel her ribs. She is active. Should I put her on the puppy food? It has same protein but 20% fat while the adult has 16. The puppy food has .1% more omega 3 which is no big, and more nutrients such as glucosamine. The puppy food has smaller kibble which i really like. Soo.... adult or puppy food?
 
I would say go for the puppy for a few months. Lacey sounds a bit like Lexi...skinny and very active. You don't have to worry about her putting too much weight on, so might as well go with the puppy.
 
I'd go with the puppy food, but watch her weight. One thing my vet told me was, "I'd rather see a skinny Sheltie now, because they do tend to gain weight easily later". Which meant, later in life, he'd be more likely to stay thin.

Just keep an eye on her weight. If she gets fat, go back to the adult, or try a ALS food.
 
I have Maggie on the Orijen puppy and she loves it... just make sure you switch over gradually, it's very rich. It took her about a week before her poo firmed up again.
 
Back
Top