Our first 'real' trial setting...

Chinook looks great! I didn't know (or forgot) he had only one hip. That's amazing. Should he be jumping 16"? Heck, it sure doesn't seem to bother him one bit. Nice thing about NADAC, you can run your dog if they have "disabilities" to a point, I'm sure.

Oh, on the Hoopers run, when he didn't go through that last hoops, I REALLY love their, "close enough is good enough" attitude. LOL.

This fun match only had the NADAC Games which do not use jumps. If this was a real trial, I would have entered him in the "Skilled" category for each class, which means that he would be jumping one jump height lower, so 12" for him. At this fun match, he was competing against the other 16" dogs, and I thought that was fine as there were no jumps.

In Hoopers, it is actually OK for him not to go through the last hoop at he exit, as long as we made an attempt at it, which we did. I forgot about that rule, but that is an actual rule for Hoopers.

Maia and Chinook both had fun. I was very suprised that they lasted so many runs. Maia is my 'agility' dog as I say. But after yesterday, I don't know, I might have to take a closer look at Chinook :biggrin2: .
 
Okay, I give up. I'm curious. What color is Maia. On one side, she looks almost bi-black or tri (if you look at the leg). On the other, she looks blue merle. lol. I'm confused.

Maia is a blue merle :wink2: she just does not have much of the merling on her. Funny, when my last sheltie passed away, I asked him to 'send' me a 'small blue merle female' that I can run agility with. Well, he did just that but made sure she looked more like he did than a blue merle! :biggrin2:
 
It looks like you had some very nice runs :) I think both dogs would be able to Q at a real trial

Thank you. I hope so. But we do need to work on some things.

I really enjoyed this fun match. You get to experience a trial, without all the pressure of one. It was a great learning experience for us, especially me. I just wish we had more of these around here, but we are lucky if we have 2 in a year! Someone did start an agility league, but that ended up being very competitive between the 'teams' of which a lot of were stacked with really really good dogs and handlers, so I do not think that I am going to be joining that this year.
 
Back
Top