pin brush question

I'm just a "hair person" in general, be it animals or people. That's one of the reasons I like shelties - the long fur.

One thing I did take into consideration though is the fact that everything is a toy for my dog. I do mean everything, too! I bought one of those back to school crates in a funky color to organize all of my pet products. Smudge will walk up to the grooming crate, select a brush, and start chewing. I've moved the crate to higher ground, but that doesn't stop him from grabbing it out of my hand and running away with it while I groom him. :rolleyes2: So we'll see how these brushes hold out.

I know with people brushes a brush is not just a brush. If you take a good quality brush and try to style your hair with it it's going to make your hair look nicer because it's made out of better stuff. You WILL feel the difference. I used my brushes for the first time early this morning on Smudge and I liked the job it did.

I should take a pic and post it of my brush that an Old English chewed up for me!...still works wonders and has most of its pins...maybe missing 3 or 4 not too bad.:lol:
 
thank you!

Thank you, everyone, for your excellent advice and information! Now I will have no excuse for scruffy pups....:wink2:
 
Yes, I second that 'thanks you'. After reading this thread and the previous threads on this, I've decided to take the pludge and buy a CC pin brush, slicker brush and comb. (undecided on the thinning shears still)
 
Yes, I second that 'thanks you'. After reading this thread and the previous threads on this, I've decided to take the pludge and buy a CC pin brush, slicker brush and comb. (undecided on the thinning shears still)

The thinning shears are WAY up there in price....that's why I started the other thread on shears, looking for something less than $100 but still good quality.

I'm thinking about the CC slicker brush too, although current one isn't really so bad. I just wonder if it could be better????

Comments anyone?
 
The thinning shears are WAY up there in price....that's why I started the other thread on shears, looking for something less than $100 but still good quality.

I'm thinking about the CC slicker brush too, although current one isn't really so bad. I just wonder if it could be better????

Comments anyone?

I have the slicker brush but have not tried it yet. I have tried my pin brush and my comb. I LOVE that comb. :biggrin2:
 
I bought a slicker from CC when I got my brushes and comb. It's the one with the curved back. I honestly don't use it for anything but "fluffing" because I love the pin brush so much.
 
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info in here! This is exactly what I needed to research.

Buffy actually has a pretty thick coat for a 5-month-old puppy so I am thinking she's going to be bushier than Abby, the Sheltie I had as a kid. Maybe we will invest in a nice brush for her...
 
Back
Top