Plumeria- toxic?

Calliesmom

Moderator
so Jocu knocked over the plumeria outside and I caught him chewing on the stem/trunk. I didn't find it on any of the toxic plant lists but I`d like to hear if anyone knows anything different. Waiting to hear back from vet....
 
I do quite a bit of plant/dog internet searches and I've never heard of it being on a toxic list. But a second opinion would be good. I'm no 'toxic plant expert', so I could be wrong:o.

Edit- Just did a Yahoo search and found that it can be hard for them to digest and it was recommended to take the dog to a vet but wasn't nessesary unless the dog had problems. I would ask your vet anyways, just to be sure. Hope this helps and Jocu dosn't have any problems.
 
Last edited:
I did hear back from my vet last night- maybe 10-15 min after I posted here.
possibility of upset tummy :ick though Jocu is showing no signs of any problems. But he might not have had the chance to actually eat any of it- just get a couple good gnaws on it before the mean mommy took it away.
I'm a little upset that he knocked the pot off the stand and broke the plumeria. I have had that plant longer than I have had shelties.............:mad:
 
Back
Top