Amy & Evan
Forums Regular
Dakota is 8 months old now has been potty trained for quite some time. However, sometimes he will cry by the door which is how he tells us he has to go outside, and when I take him out to let him pee or poop and just won't do anything. He just tries to eat absolutely everything on the ground instead... after 15 minutes of waiting for him to do anything I take him back inside, and as soon as we are in he cries again. I take him out again, and same thing - again. He sometimes will only pee in the morning and then won't pee again until supper time, but he is drinking water because I fill the water dish up a few times a day.
We had him neutered back in July, but he was doing this before he got neutered so I don't think it's related to that. I really have no idea what the deal is, and was wondering if anyone knows if this is just a puppy thing or has anyone else experienced this?
We do exercise him everyday to get his energy out, either walking him or playing in the backyard off leash, so it's not like he isn't getting enough stimulation.. I do play with him quite a bit in the house throughout the day as well.
We had him neutered back in July, but he was doing this before he got neutered so I don't think it's related to that. I really have no idea what the deal is, and was wondering if anyone knows if this is just a puppy thing or has anyone else experienced this?
We do exercise him everyday to get his energy out, either walking him or playing in the backyard off leash, so it's not like he isn't getting enough stimulation.. I do play with him quite a bit in the house throughout the day as well.
Last edited:

