PRE-agility QUESTIONS!

If CKC works like the AKC in the US, then she can complete in both CKC and AAC events. I believe NADAC (which stands for North American Dog Agility Association) runs events in Canada also.

Sheltie Nationals is runs by the American Shetland Sheepdog Association and is, if I'm not mistaken, targeted for AKC registered dogs. HOWEVER many Canadian breeders, especially those who live near the border, register their dog with both CKC and AKC and compete in both venues.

I'm sure some of the others on this site can explain about Canadian registered dogs competing in AKC events.
 
So I looked on the CKC site and I can't find anywhere that says the jump heights... can anyone tell me them if they know off hand?
 
So I looked on the CKC site and I can't find anywhere that says the jump heights... can anyone tell me them if they know off hand?

I found this on a trial premium:


14 inches and under:

Regular: 12 inches
Selected: 8 inches

Regular and Selected are two different classes that you can choose from. The difference being that your dog can jump in a lower height class.
 
AAC (Agility Association of Canada): http://www.aac.ca/

Where a choice is given in jump heights it is the handlers choice.

Jump Height Dog Height

10 or 16Inches: For dogs 12 inches and under at the scapula.
16 or 22 Inches: For dogs 12 to 16 inches at the scapula.
22 or 26 Inches: For dogs 16 to 21 inches at the scapula.
26 Inches: For dogs 21 inches and above

The CKC was hard to find: I had the same problem when I was looking for obedience rules.
I found an old preinum it had the heights listed as
10" and under is 8"
14" and under is 12"
18" and under is 16"
22" and under is 20"
Over 22" is 24"

Our Canadian members Ania maybe could tell you more but it looks like AAC is the major venue in Canada and the CKC trial are more rare.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top