Rachell2492
Forums Regular
Hello fellow sheltie lovers,
Our beautiful Izzy is now 6 and a half months old.
We took her to the vet for a check up yesterday as she had been vomiting and had softer poo than normal. She has been eating much slower than normal over the past week and a half, and has been leaving food at meal times. (3 feeds a day, currently)
The vet said she had a bit of a gastric upset and would be right in a couple of days. Izzy has stopped vomiting and passed normal poo this morning. But, I am wondering if it is normal for 6 month old Shelties to slow down their eating like this, or if it is to do with her stomach upset?
- The vet gave her an anti nausea injection and she is having a diet of boiled rice and chicken with a probiotic once a day to help.
I think I am just looking for some reassurance that she will be okay, or if I am right in worrying and should look into it further. We just want our beautiful Izzy to be happy and healthy!
Thank you in advance for your support and answers.
Our beautiful Izzy is now 6 and a half months old.
We took her to the vet for a check up yesterday as she had been vomiting and had softer poo than normal. She has been eating much slower than normal over the past week and a half, and has been leaving food at meal times. (3 feeds a day, currently)
The vet said she had a bit of a gastric upset and would be right in a couple of days. Izzy has stopped vomiting and passed normal poo this morning. But, I am wondering if it is normal for 6 month old Shelties to slow down their eating like this, or if it is to do with her stomach upset?
- The vet gave her an anti nausea injection and she is having a diet of boiled rice and chicken with a probiotic once a day to help.
I think I am just looking for some reassurance that she will be okay, or if I am right in worrying and should look into it further. We just want our beautiful Izzy to be happy and healthy!
Thank you in advance for your support and answers.