Puppy update

My gosh I love this girl! With the rough year we have had and the new challenges and losses that keep coming our family’s way, She has been such a bright spot. No way not to smile with this girl around. We needed her it seems.

8 1/2 months old and we are just starting to have coat growth. Poor bald baby got shaved to the armpits with her spay! It was An advantage to be a late bloomer in the coat department. She is 15 1/4 inches and 16 1/2 lbs with lots of muscle. She hadn’t grow-in in the month prior but Grew half an inch this month. Curious if she is done or will grow a little more. She has started boning up and widening a bit too which makes me think maybe she is close to done? She isn’t a big boned girl. Kinda long though.

big personality in this one. Greetings I can’t tell you where her body ends and mine begins. I love this. She sometimes channels her inner Monty and finds her way onto a table.

“Big” uncle doing well too l.
it was interesting to see him behave a bit different with her and do lots of smelling starting about 2 weeks after her spay. I don’t know if the spay’s hormone changes (she was about to go into heat and mr neutered had taken notice) or she technically got bigger than him and needed to be put in her place (and she did, some moments was a pushy ill mannered teen with the other dog). For two weeks They didn’t play as much and uncle was sometimes grumpy with her (dominance way not fighting). Now they are back to normal much to my relief. I worried her energy level changed forever from the spay! Lol not everyone would mourn this I guess!

I can’t wait to do training classes and agility post covid .

Fun fact, sharon and I just figured out her meadow is poppys half sister out if a different mother! And their father is my other dog’s brother. Sheltie nation is like ancestry.com!

pics .... my dream come true nap time... she had even been on her back before the pic! On me!

in another, she fell asleep half standing like this. She often does this looking out the window (position not sleeping)View attachment 17206View attachment 17207 View attachment 17208View attachment 17209 View attachment 17210
ADORABLE!!!!!❤
 
Luckily uncle the singleton was great with the puppy and now. He is not a dominant type. I really think it was partially the hormone change after the spay and needing to remind teenager of some manners. It only happened a few times verses never and he wasn’t as playful briefly. They are back to normal now for weeks.

Thanks! She is just goofy.

Yes! Sharon it was some pictures you posted combined with dad’s name that made me piece it together. Adult comparison will be fun!
 
Luckily uncle the singleton was great with the puppy and now. He is not a dominant type. I really think it was partially the hormone change after the spay and needing to remind teenager of some manners. It only happened a few times verses never and he wasn’t as playful briefly. They are back to normal now for weeks.

Thanks! She is just goofy.

Yes! Sharon it was some pictures you posted combined with dad’s name that made me piece it together. Adult comparison will be fun!
Finnie and Gloria’s boy Liam are also related and it’s amazing the similarities between them from their personality to anxieties to their looks!
 
Back
Top