Question about nose colour

xerospin

Forums Enthusiast
Do pink noses in blue Merles and bi-blues always turn black completely when the puppies are older? Or will they stay that way? Just curious because my friend said the colour stays when they are over 6months or so.
 
I don't know! Only my 1st blue merle, but I was wondering if that last bit of pink would go away with Julip. It got smaller & smaller & by 5 1/2 months her nose was solid black!

Is yours over 6 months then? Is the pink area(s) getting smaller - I'd think if its shrinking it will go away. But sorry, as I said - I really have no idea!
 
My blue had 2 pink dots on his nose when I got him at 10 months and they went away. They slowly filled in and now his nose is now VERY black. We had a judge keep wiping her hand over his nose one day. I thought she was going to say something about chalk on his face but apparently she thought his nose was dyed black and was trying to get it to rub off :lol:

I don't know if they 'always' turn black but it's possible for the pink to go away after 6 months.
 
oh no it's not my dog we are just curious. My sable merle has a complete black nose, is the pink nose allowed at all for shows?

How do you dye a nose BLACK? XD a marker will probly work fine, no? :P This is a breed where people do go a bit further on cosmetics I suppose. I heard all kinds of makeups being done on a sheltie before shows...
 
Most of the time the nose fills in but not always. Birch still has pink inside his right nostril. It comes right to the outside edge of the nostril but you can also see it if you tip his head up and look directly into his nose. Ember also has a small bit of pink in one nostril but it is way in the back and you can't see it unless you really look.
 
I dunno, but Koji's nose never got dark: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28199661@N08/5416569015/

Sometimes I think about coloring it in with a marker. lol. I did say that once at agility class, of course, Koji goes up to the instructor, who was sitting down with a black dry-erase marker in her hand and sniffs it. I told Koji, "I was kidding, no need to color in your nose". Silly dog.

Oh, he's a sable. I tell him his nose is brown from all the kissing up he does....or sniffing he does to pick up random stuff in his mouth. Oh well.
 
Back
Top