Elei
Forums Enthusiast
Yes I'm reconsidering my wish/ask list already to be a little less specific. How does getting first pick, 2nd pick etc work? D
My 2 cents..
I would NOT be less specific when it comes to temperament. Tell the breeder what temperament you’re looking for. Confident, calm, energetic, playful, etc.. Also describe your lifestyle, goals for the dog, etc.. This is how the breeder knows which puppy would fit your life best.
If you’re willing to compromise on color and gender, then yes, I think it’s good to keep an open mind and take that off your wishlist.
I wouldn’t worry about where you are on the breeder’s waitlist, since you probably can’t control that anyway. I know that Kip’s breeder chose Kip for me, even though there were others who had been waiting longer. Because he was the best fit for me, and that was the best outcome for everyone (me, Kip, and the others on the waitlist who would probably be happier with a different puppy).