Removal of glue for ears

Thank you everyone for the replies :smile2: On order so should be getting shipped soon.

The other ears unstuck too, and they are both staying tipped at the moment, should I just leave them be, and re-glue if they do popup again? They are both very nicely folded at the moment (Ill leave removing the glue from the second ear until this remover turns up, I dont want a baldy patch)

I leave mine if they're still tipped nice. When they start winging out (or in any direction that I don't want), I take the glue down and redo them. Sometimes the weight of the glue is enough to get the tip that you want.
 
We use Zoeze. Works like a charm!
http://wicketsbymel.com/EarTape.html

We just apply some to an old cotton t-shirt, hold it against the eartip with the glue for 10-20 seconds and then just work it out with a dry portion of the t-shirt. Clean off with some water. Comes out very easily.

After the tips come undone, I've just let the glue blob remain to act as weights. After awhile if the ear started to pop up we would just clean off the ears and reglue.
 
We use Zoeze. Works like a charm!
http://wicketsbymel.com/EarTape.html

We just apply some to an old cotton t-shirt, hold it against the eartip with the glue for 10-20 seconds and then just work it out with a dry portion of the t-shirt. Clean off with some water. Comes out very easily.

Not according to the site you linked to.

Zoeze pt $11.95
Caution: Use minimal amounts of this product. Could be harmful if used directly on the skin. Clean area with alcohol or soap and water thoroughly after use.
 
Sorry, left the soap part out of my post :smile2:. We purchased our speed sew from the individual who runs that website. Without us prompting he was the one who gave us the Zoeze as well as the instructions for use. Seemed to be a pretty knowledgeable fellow with Sheltie ear tipping. Don't know why he didn't sell us the detachol or any other products he carries. I thought I would point out our experience with Zoeze.
 
Sorry, left the soap part out of my post :smile2:. We purchased our speed sew from the individual who runs that website. Without us prompting he was the one who gave us the Zoeze as well as the instructions for use. Seemed to be a pretty knowledgeable fellow with Sheltie ear tipping. Don't know why he didn't sell us the detachol or any other products he carries. I thought I would point out our experience with Zoeze.


Not bashing Zoeze (I just prefer Detachol)-just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about not using soap! (Not that we're unintelligent people here, though!)
 
Very interesting thread :)

I can vouch that the baby oil didnt work though, tried it yesterday to no avail :no:
 
Back
Top