Hi everyone,
I have a 8 year old sheltie with allergies. I had been giving him Interceptor and that was working well but I heard that Interceptor may not be produced for awhile.I was wondering what other forms of heartworm protection people use for shelties? I am aware of the issues that the herding breed gene can cause with some of the other products, like Heartguard. I am also particularly worried since my sheltie has allergies so he is extra sensitive. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. My vet has recommended Revolution - anyone have bad experiences with that?
A second question - I took my dog to the vet yesterday for an ear infection. While there the vet suggested that I start my dog on permenant allergy medicine. She recommends Atopica and Ketulonazole - anyone have any bad/good experiences with either?
Thanks very much.
I have a 8 year old sheltie with allergies. I had been giving him Interceptor and that was working well but I heard that Interceptor may not be produced for awhile.I was wondering what other forms of heartworm protection people use for shelties? I am aware of the issues that the herding breed gene can cause with some of the other products, like Heartguard. I am also particularly worried since my sheltie has allergies so he is extra sensitive. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. My vet has recommended Revolution - anyone have bad experiences with that?
A second question - I took my dog to the vet yesterday for an ear infection. While there the vet suggested that I start my dog on permenant allergy medicine. She recommends Atopica and Ketulonazole - anyone have any bad/good experiences with either?
Thanks very much.
