Rescue Trip

Izziesbud

Forums Regular
My daughter and I traveled to Missouri yesterday to pick up two shelties from a shelter that had been at a puppy mill earlier in the day. We brought them back for the local Sheltie Rescue organization.

This was the first time we had done this and it was a very powerful experience. The dogs were in pretty bad shape, one in particular was extremely skittish.:no:

I have read a great deal about puppy mills, but seeing with my own eyes was something else.

I have a much greater appreciation for those of you that run rescue organizations. I also will never buy a dog from a pet store and will only adopt from shelters or rescue groups.

Please do what you can to educate folks about pet store dogs and puppy mills.
 
Until we unite to put full pressure on our Members of Congress and our Senators, nothing will change. Write now!
 
It's amazing how we know this stuff is going on but don't want to admit it. I would not have been able to do that and it is great that you and your daughter did.

Chris you are right, nothing is going to change until laws are made and or changed. Even with new laws do you really think it's going to stop? Look at dog fighting, it still happens just underground. The laws that are created are to keep honest people honest, crooks will always find a way around them. I would like to believe that if laws were created that it would help but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Sorry don't mean to be a pessimist.

Thoughts and prayers for all of the poor puppies in these places and hopes that they are rescued soon!
 
No easy solution.

Puppy mills are all over the place. :mad: Congress, Senate etc. can have an impact by hitting them where it hurts, the pocketbook !!:yes: But how do you get a bill started for them to vote on and place into action ?? Maybe when we register our dogs at the AKC a small percentage of the money could go towards Billboard signs near pet stores, malls,etc.It would be a start. The news and Talk shows are attempting to get it out there. They have both done stories on Puppy Mills and the deplorable living conditions these poor creatures have to live in. It's easy money and people are cruel creatures when it comes to an easy buck.:(
 
Back
Top