Rookie Agility Question???

dmeyer123

Forums Enthusiast
I have a beginner agility question. In USDAA agility, what are the requirements re: the pause table? Does the dog have to sit or down while they are pausing on the table? My trainer only does AKC trials and the question came up in class this morning.
 
Also just a side note about the rules on the table...

In Starters, the dog has to be down on the table for 5 continuous seconds (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If at any point the dog gets up, they start the count again when the dog lays back down.

In Advanced and Masters, the dog just has to be down on the table for 5 total seconds. So, if the dog gets up after the judge has counted to two (for example), then gets up, the judge starts counting where he left off after the dog lays back down (2, 3, 4, 5).

I thought I'd share because that always confused me.
 
Usdaa

Also just a side note about the rules on the table...

In Starters, the dog has to be down on the table for 5 continuous seconds (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If at any point the dog gets up, they start the count again when the dog lays back down.

In Advanced and Masters, the dog just has to be down on the table for 5 total seconds. So, if the dog gets up after the judge has counted to two (for example), then gets up, the judge starts counting where he left off after the dog lays back down (2, 3, 4, 5).

I thought I'd share because that always confused me.

Thanks Ashley I just leraned something new.
 
Also just a side note about the rules on the table...

In Starters, the dog has to be down on the table for 5 continuous seconds (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If at any point the dog gets up, they start the count again when the dog lays back down.

In Advanced and Masters, the dog just has to be down on the table for 5 total seconds. So, if the dog gets up after the judge has counted to two (for example), then gets up, the judge starts counting where he left off after the dog lays back down (2, 3, 4, 5).

I thought I'd share because that always confused me.

Have to check that one out here, I know that for Cosmo they have restarted the count but that's was at the novice level.
 
Also just a side note about the rules on the table...

In Starters, the dog has to be down on the table for 5 continuous seconds (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). If at any point the dog gets up, they start the count again when the dog lays back down.

In Advanced and Masters, the dog just has to be down on the table for 5 total seconds. So, if the dog gets up after the judge has counted to two (for example), then gets up, the judge starts counting where he left off after the dog lays back down (2, 3, 4, 5).

I thought I'd share because that always confused me.

Why does that sound backwards? I'd expect it to be the other way around - Starters they'd resume count and Advanced/Masters it would have to be continuous.

Ah well. I'm not worried since I'm running USDAA for fun and only at my club's trials. If we Q we Q if we don't we don't. I do have to work on Edan's Table-Down command again since I don't normally reenforce a down on the table (AKC and CPE I don't have to worry about it; TDAA can use a sit, down or stand on the table.)
 
Why does that sound backwards? I'd expect it to be the other way around - Starters they'd resume count and Advanced/Masters it would have to be continuous.

Ah well. I'm not worried since I'm running USDAA for fun and only at my club's trials. If we Q we Q if we don't we don't. I do have to work on Edan's Table-Down command again since I don't normally reenforce a down on the table (AKC and CPE I don't have to worry about it; TDAA can use a sit, down or stand on the table.)

Yes, it does sound backwards. That's why it always confused me! :lol:
 
That always confused me too, but hey, I was just happy Koji did a pretty quick down the day we did USDAA. LOL.

Unless you know for a fact that you'll never compete in USDAA, I would always teach an automatic down. With AKC's new rule of 4-on the table, it makes life easier. I was having issues with Koji, having taught him an auto down and then getting him to sit up in AKC. But with the change, well, now he refuses to do anything. Darn dog!
 
Back
Top