Rotation Diet not working for Abby!!

Abby's Dad

Forums Enthusiast
Abby has been on TOTW salmon and Primal Raw ( 2 nuggets Primal & 1/4-1/2 cup kibble). I tried the TOTW bison and gradually mixed it in like I should and her stools are no longer nice and formed and solid, very loose. The past few days it has taken her about 5 minutes to do her poo when in the past its like 10 seconds!! So no more rotation diet for Abby....we are sticking with what has worked in the past. Just wanted to pass that along for anyone who might be thinking of the rotation diet.
 
I have never heard of a rotation diet. If you are talking about mixing raw with kibble, everywhere I've read and researched said NOT to do it as they are digested completely differently. If you are transitioning from one kind of food to another, I've read that you are then supposed to do it slowly over a week or two, but that is it. Sorry to hear she is not doing well.
 
I also have never heard of the rotation diet.

You should never mix raw with kibble or cooked they do digest at different rates. If you want to feed raw one day and kibble the next that's okay but never together !
 
You should never mix raw with kibble or cooked they do digest at different rates. If you want to feed raw one day and kibble the next that's okay but never together !

She was doing fine with raw food first, then the salmon flavored TOTW kibble. The switch or rotation that I have read about is supposed to give different nutrients that the single flavor does not have. It is also recommended by the nutritionist who sells me my food. She also is ok with the mixture of raw & kibble. I transitioned Abby from the salmon to the bison in a one week period and her stools are no longer firm. I also read here on line people mixing raw & kibble. Why is not a good thing to do?
 
I've always heard that one should never mix kibble/dog food with raw as well because the dog's digestion won't tolerate it. In my brief experimentation with raw feeding for one of my dogs, I did raw for dinner at night, and dog food for breakfast. That worked well after a long transition period. I eventually gave up the raw because I didn't see any change or improvement in my dog.
 
Back
Top