Sandstorm's perfect weight!!! Saw Vet

KarenCurtis

Forums Sage
Sandstorm is at a perfect 29 lbs!! We did work hard on this and had to decrease the Blue Buffalo by 1/2 a cup, and we stopped feeding milk bones, instead found lower calorie snacks (too lazy to go to cabinet and see what who makes them, but if someone asks, I will).
While we were at the Vets we saw a fat mini Aussie who seemed older than her age, and it is so important to keep that weight down. The Vet said SS should no go under 29 lbs, he is on the thinner side. I am proud that we accomplished this weight loss of 4 lbs, it really makes a difference.

Sandstorm here;
do I get mor cookies now?
 
Sargent Sandstorm! You passed your physical! You are a good Sheltie soldier. I am very proud of you.
Colonel Underpants
 
Well done! It's doesn't seem like 4 lbs is alot, but it can be huge for future health. But that is 12% of his old body weight.

How much food did you cut exactly? I'm thinking my boys could both lose a few pounds, but we am hoping that with spring/summer and more exercise it will take care of itself.
 
Well done! It's doesn't seem like 4 lbs is alot, but it can be huge for future health. But that is 12% of his old body weight.

How much food did you cut exactly? I'm thinking my boys could both lose a few pounds, but we am hoping that with spring/summer and more exercise it will take care of itself.

When we started Sandstorm on Blue Buffalo,thinking we could feed him as much as when he was on the nutro, so we were giving him just under 2 cups a day, then as we saw he was gaining weight, it did show, we cut it to just under 1 1/2 a day. I say just under because we serve it with a ladle, so we give two ladles, which we measured out to be between 1 1/4 cups and 1 1/2 cups. We also eliminated the milk bones, and switched his snacks to something else- we always throw out the original package, so I can't tell you what they are, sorry! But they are grain free small snacks that come in a small bag, and they are only 12 calories a piece, they are not in supermarkets.
 
Back
Top