Serps and Threadles

Wow...those are nice!

I actually find serpentines easier than threadles. I don't know if Bentley has pattern trained, or if I just am never moving correctly, but he wants to go back out and grab the jump.
I think serps are easier for us, too, but we're definitely going to add threadles to our bag of tricks. I've watched Nancy's video several times now, and I can see how the timing has to be just right. To me, it seems like you have more time to cue the dog for a serp than you do for a threadle. The handler's movements are pretty much the same, they just happen between the jumps for a threadle and at the jumps for a serp.
 
Threadles and Serpentines have been what we have been working on the last 6 weeks of class.My trainer Erin Schaefer makes a theme for the 8 week class and then at the end of 8 weeks we run a course with eveything we worked on.Sting has done real well on the threadles and serpentines.If anyone wants any of the courses we have worked on I can e=mail them to you.Just let me know and PM me and I will send them.:biggrin2:
 
Back
Top