Shampoo???

Funny enough I really liked the Wahl Shampoo for Toffee, as well... I use the anti itch oatmeal kind, as I normally only bathe him if he is full of sand from the beach or if he smells rancid, or when he is blowing his coat... like right now his undercoat is kinda gone :rolleyes2:
I bathed him fully for the first time when he was blowing his coat, I think otherwise bathing is kind of bad for a dog's skin regardless what Shampoo you use, so the less bathing the better... as long as you can stand it, lol

I've not tried of heard anything about these Wahl products, but I noticed in the last couple of months that my local Walmart has started carrying. Compared with the grooming supplies they usually carry, I was impressed with the range of tools that Walmart had and the quality of them. MUCH better than what Walmart usually carries. I would have been happy to try them but I'd already spent a small fortune on grooming tools. I do LOVE my Wahl Peanut trimmer. :smile2:

Good to know that the shampoo is nice, I'll have to try it some time and see for myself.
 
Does it smell like the Magic Touch, because if it does I am buying some RIGHT NOW. :yes:

I went and smelled them for you Jessica:biggrin2:. They smell similar but not quite the same. Close though.

Crowne Royal Biovite OB shampoo formula 3 is Ember's shampoo. I love it for her. Leaves her coat feeling great and not too soft. I tried many shampoo's for her and nothing works as well. Justice does well with the CC clean start or All system's whitening. I'm not sure what Rachel uses for Diva. I use the Crowne Royal if I have to bathe her here as that means her got really dirty.

I have bathe my pups as young as 8 wks if they need it and no more often that every 4-6wks if possible.
 
I use Coat Handler Clarifying 15:1 shampoo on all my dogs regardless of age. They say you can use it on cats too but the cats didn't volunteer to be test subjects so I can't speak to that :)

When we were showing weekly and my dog was getting a ton of baths I never had any problem with residue build up or dry skin/flaking. My blue boy also has a harsher outer coat and I didn't have any problem with his coat being 'softened'. On some other brands after he was bathed his coat felt like I'd used conditioner and ended up very soft and it didn't bounce back to it's normal texture before the shows. I didn't like it at all. Personally, I don't care for scented shampoos so I've been really happy with the coat handler.
 
I have given six week-old puppies baths before because they went outside for their first time and got dirty. It was a litter of my mom's. We used a puppy shampoo that I bought from Petsmart when I worked there. I am pretty sure it was Shaine's litter...
 
Back
Top