Sheltie TV - Agility Edition: Edan's First Open Runs

Silaria

Forums Sage
Well, after my Saturday runs for NA and NAJ, we were back for our first Open runs.

The JWW run was a bit of a tricky course, which I LOVED! We were running well until we got to the "dreaded double jump". For some reason he just wanted NOTHING to do with double jumps all weekend.
http://youtu.be/rALwItaRDq8

Then there was my first Open Standard run. The course was a wonderfully flowy course. Quite honestly, my JWW course was trickier. Well, we were off and running; he actually had a bit of speed on him... And... I'll let the video do the rest of the speaking for me:
http://youtu.be/ObQlOdS4eN4
 
Agility

I think your JWW run was nice and Congrats on the Q. From what it looked like by the panel your send hand keeps shooting skyward and he can't see it. Most of your sends the hand is shooting upwards and to me the table looked like you stopped and when you stop he stops. Shelties work on motion.I think he you both looked good
 
I saw my arms going high and the first words out of my mouth were "Sharon's going to zing me for that one." :lol: I mean that in a good way, honestly. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm wondering if the arms went flying because I started to stress and get frustrated since he wouldn't do the panel jump. I watched my JWW Open video again and I didn't do it there. I've really been trying to make an effort to keep my arms lower.
 
Agility

I think you did a great job and your hand only started shooting upward after the panel refusal. I saw the hand upward in JWW one time. My hand still will soar upwards at times.Edan's poles were great and nice entries. I think I have said before "Here" in New england we call Open "Pergatory". Sometime's I think Open is harder than Excellent.When I first started in agility I did what we call airplane sends. My instructor at the time had all of in class take a bar jump and put it behind our neck holding it with our hands and we had to run with our dog with the bar being our guide no verbal command. It was hard but it cured the send hand.
 
My Open JWW course was tricky but it was "fun tricky" because it was a challenge but not so full of traps that it was frustrating to run.

My Open Standard course, I felt, was actually easier than my Open JWW course. Honestly, I was surprised at how easy the course was - up the middle-left, down the left side, up the middle-right, and down the right. It was an easy flowing course. I think that is part of why Edan's refusals frustrated me - because I knew it was a course we could have, and should have, easily Q'd on.

Oh well! There will be another trial and another chance for Q's. (I'm actually running USDAA for the first time on Saturday.) My AKC goals for this year have been met - earn my two Novice titles - so I'm happy with that. Heck, I'm thrilled with Edan's performance all year; to date we've earned 9 different titles this year across three different venues.
 
Those courses were definitely tougher---you got what you wished for :wink2:

It's odd that Edan was refusing the double jump. I wonder what made him do that?

But hey, nice job on your first Open Q!

Can't wait to hear how USDAA goes, and what you think of it :)
 
Those courses were definitely tougher---you got what you wished for :wink2:

YUP! And loved every minute of it. :smile2:

In all honesty it felt like I was running courses equal to my skill level. Because I run at Level 3 in CPE (which is the mid-level difficulty - 1 being novice and 5 being the highest before working toward Champion) and Superior/Games III in TDAA I'm use to running, and want to run, more complex courses.
 
Back
Top