Short Agility Day

Seems to me like he's really starting to push you to see what he can get away with. In a way it's good because it displays his confidence, but at some point you need to teach him that he can't just do what he wants--he needs to pay attention to you and be careful about how he does things.

Y'know, I never thought about that. Yet, today, we were having a doggie party at the park and we played games and they were sit/down stays. Ohmigod. he was great!!! Well, until the challenge was....passing by with a jar of peanut butter. Fail! But he was great! We even did mock CGC and he did great!

Oh the frustrations. But unfortunately, I'm starting to see it's me. Well, mostly me.
 
Love the videos, thanks for posting, Koji is one handsome dude! I think you got great feedback from your dog! am sure you will find answers to your broken stays and control issues with Crate Games. I had to go all the way up to raw meat and tripe as treats:eek2: but we finally made a break through and advancing on stage 4 CG. Che's stays are much improved.
BTW, does Koji tug?

Koji's not a big tugger. And I'm starting to think about the Crate Games too. I mean, he's great with those, but I think like with everything else, I have to go back to basics. Raw/tripe is a good idea too. I mean, he loves food regardless so it's hard to tell what is a higher value. I'm sure that would be though.
 
We have a lot of one run comps. I call them my practice comps because we invariably dont Q but its a cheaper run.

We have been practising running weaves lately because they seem quite popular with the judges atm. A jump with a bit of distance from the weaves so they have up a lot of speed when they enter. Even the masters dogs were mucking it up, its a really quite hard. Tully invariably pulls out - once she has some speed up she hates doing the weaves as they slow her down. Will have to try the pinwheel into a weave, I know Tully would get up way too much speed for an effective weave. It looks likee a fun course though.

Oh yeah, we had to work on collecting before the weaves too.. It's not easy and when they're running full out, I give them credit for not slamming into them. lol. I would. At my last full day trial, it was kinda like that, I had to decel to make sure Koji picked up on that and collected. That's been helping me a lot, giving him cues. I also give him weave cues really early now, especially if he's going full out.

The hardest part for everyone yesterday was the A-frame, to the jump, to the weaves. Some tried FCing the jump, some made it, some didn't. I decided to try for the RC of the weaves. Kinda to work on it, but also because I knew I wasn't going to make a FC. If I had more distance, I would've FC'd in front of the weaves almost, but I don't have distance like that.

I like those one event days. It's less pressure and if we don't Q, we just go home. lol
 
Back
Top