Should I go to class tonight or skip it?

Sca got his booster at 1 year minus a little. Only because we were in and it was either early/late or stand alone appointment.

That said I think I would set out a week and let things clear out. Or get Bailey one of those white masks :lol:
 
Random question...but did you mean to let your KC vaccine lapse? I am trying to decide if I'm going to re-vaccinate my two. I'm leaning towards no, and was wondering what your thought process was.

I purposely didn't re-vaccinate Bailey. I don't want to vaccinate her every 6 months for something that is not 100% effective to every strain. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.
 
Random question...but did you mean to let your KC vaccine lapse? I am trying to decide if I'm going to re-vaccinate my two. I'm leaning towards no, and was wondering what your thought process was.

I don't vaccinate Miko at all for Bordetella unless my he goes to boarding or day care. Which he rarely does. For Koji, because I was sending him to daycare, they require it every 6 months. Not sure what, if any, my training facility requires. I'd probably go once a year if they don't require it.

Since both dogs got KC while boarding, it's then I realized that the vet explained to me how that vaccine works (like the flu shot - a shot in the dark basically). So, I make them get it only if they need it. I mean, who likes things up their nose? lol.
 
I'd skip class. I have Checkers vaccinated for it since we do shows, but my vet only does it once a year. IMO it's not worth exposing the dog even with the vaccine if you know it's around.
 
I decided not to go. Between the kennel cough outbreak, the "earthquake" and I need my car's tire plugged because there's a small hole...it's not worth it.

I have class on Thursday as well, so I'll have to think about it all over again. :lol:
 
Last edited:
I decided not to go. Between the kennel cough outbreak, the "earthquake" and I need my car's tire plugged because I small hole...it's not worth it.

I have class on Thursday as well, so I'll have to think about it all over again. :lol:

With all that it sounds like a good night to stay home! Good luck with Thursday's decision!
 
I'd skip class. I have Checkers vaccinated for it since we do shows, but my vet only does it once a year.

That is where logic can go both ways. I don't vaccinate my dogs BECAUSE they go to shows, not the other way around. They get plenty of exposure at dog shows, I don't need to add to it with a vaccine.
 
Back
Top