Signature too long error on a signature that is not too long

Silaria

Forums Sage
I was trying to add a 4th line to my signature but I'm getting an error that my 'signature is limited to 4 lines and must be shortened' (error is paraphrased but you get the idea).

As you can see below, my signature is currently only 3 lines long. What I was trying to add was only 26 characters on a separate line (which would have been my 4th).

I've already tried checking the bottom of my signature for extra carriage returns and cutting and pasting the signature as a "new" complete sig and they all throw the same 'limited to 4 lines and must be shortened' message.

Any ideas what's going on here? Is there a limit on the number of characters per "line" in the signature creation area? (Meaning BBCode tags for font, color, etc, all count toward 'lines' even though they don't physically create a line?)
 
I was trying to add a 4th line to my signature but I'm getting an error that my 'signature is limited to 4 lines and must be shortened' (error is paraphrased but you get the idea).

As you can see below, my signature is currently only 3 lines long. What I was trying to add was only 26 characters on a separate line (which would have been my 4th).

I've already tried checking the bottom of my signature for extra carriage returns and cutting and pasting the signature as a "new" complete sig and they all throw the same 'limited to 4 lines and must be shortened' message.

Any ideas what's going on here? Is there a limit on the number of characters per "line" in the signature creation area? (Meaning BBCode tags for font, color, etc, all count toward 'lines' even though they don't physically create a line?)

Silaria, if you wouldn't mind holding this question for a while, Kelly is the technical expert and she is off for a bit as you know. I have zero technical/programming knowledge so can't help with those questions. We appreciate your patience...
 
Oh, it's not a problem at all, Ann.

It's not something that needs an answer right this minute. I just mainly wanted to get it out there while it was on my mind otherwise I'd forget until the next time I went to edit my sig.
 
Hi--I had a similar problem. I think that although 4 lines is the maximum, there is also a character limit of some kind. I don't know if it reads a certain # of characters as a "separate line" (I noticed that one of your lines is really long) or if it's just throwing the wrong error.
 
Hi Silaria,

Thanks for your patience while I was away.

Yes we do have a limit to the amount of characters/lines for signatures.

They are really not designed to be lengthy & I had to put a limit on them. I hope you can find a way to work within the 4 lines.
 
Back
Top