Smelling kinda cheesy

Chinchi

Forums Enthusiast
My soon-to-be 7 month old Darla has recently started smelling rather cheesy! She hasn't rolled in anything foul and I brush her regularly and have given her the occasional bath after a very muddy walk.

Is this just her new adult dog smell? If so, woah, bring back her old puppy smell!
 
I've had pups get a cheesy smell when they have a yeast infection in their ears. With all that fuzz in there, I didn't always notice when they got kind of grodey. You might want to look in her ears.
 
Nope, the smell is all over her body, her fur.

She currently has a bed that is wipe down only and not washable (ruff and tough). I spray that with vinegar and water solution but it still kinda smells so I think it's that more than her.
 
Check the paws~

I have read here,although I don't experiance it,but some hve said the paws smell cheesy?

Could be an infection in ears,check the mouth. Maybe something funky going on in there. The breath of a dog,can be a give away for something internal.

I know when Trapp had a bacterial infection,his breath was atrocious~
 
I would try changing the bed, or putting a large towel around it. It could be the combination of vinegar that is causing the smell.
 
My soon-to-be 7 month old Darla has recently started smelling rather cheesy! She hasn't rolled in anything foul and I brush her regularly and have given her the occasional bath after a very muddy walk.

Is this just her new adult dog smell? If so, woah, bring back her old puppy smell!

She could have a yeast infection on her skin/body.
 
Check the paws~

I have read here,although I don't experiance it,but some hve said the paws smell cheesy?

Could be an infection in ears,check the mouth. Maybe something funky going on in there. The breath of a dog,can be a give away for something internal.

I know when Trapp had a bacterial infection,his breath was atrocious~

LOL! Michele....I think you are thinking about the threads were we discussed out our healthy dogs paws smell like Doritos....and they truly do! It's quite an intoxicating smell....could make you hungry perhaps! :gaah
 
I should have asked....is she spayed yet? the cheesy smell could be discharge and coming into heat..
 
Back
Top