Taste of the Wild--increased urination?

We are currently in the midst of switching our dogs to TOTW, Sierra Mountain. Since we've increased the amount (both dogs are at about 50/50), Bentley has been peeing more often. It isn't excessive or anything, just increased. For example, he used to pee maybe 4 times a day, now it's more like 6 or 7.

Is this something I should be worried about? Or, is it a result of something in the food?

I know that increased protein might cause it, but it's only a little more than what he was on before (an increase of 4%).

Other than that, the transition is going well.

Is there any change in the sodium content over the old food. There is added salt(its on the ingredient list) in the Sierra Mountain TOTW. That will make them drink more.:smile2:
 
Is there any change in the sodium content over the old food. There is added salt(its on the ingredient list) in the Sierra Mountain TOTW. That will make them drink more.:smile2:

Can't believe I didn't even think of that. I should check the differences between all of mine too since I noticed a reduction in water drinking (which I'm glad about).

Ashley, how're they doing?
 
Ashley, how're they doing?

Good! Bentley's peeing seems to have toned down a bit..not sure if it was the food change + increased temperatures or what, but it's not as bad as before.

Lexi is now pooping 3 times a day, but I'm okay with that. It must be the increased fiber.
 
That's good to hear. :) I'm glad it's working out for you. I checked it out at our local store and liked what I saw. However, I'll probably stick with Nutrisca for now, just because of the lack of potatoes (and unsure if it was a cause for Miko's allergies).
 
Back
Top