Hurtseverywhere
Forums Enthusiast
OK So we went to our first so called advanced lesson, the problem none of the other dogs in the class have even trialed yet, which ment that the instructor
was really stepping back quite a bit to accomodate the other dogs in the class. He even made the comment that Cosmo & I Had progress far ahead of where he thought we were at. I got the distinct feeling during the class that Cosmo was really bored and where his early class performance was excellent
performance & speed wise which is what we have been working hard at that by the end of the class he was slowing down quite a bit and really didn't seem to be into it. However the instructor did start to teach some distance control exercises which is something that both Cosmo & I really need, that is one of the principle reasons that I haven't tried a gamblers event yet is that Cosmo really won't or doesn't like to work at a distance of probably more then a yard or 2 away from me right now, so from that point we were learning something. So when I left the class last night I was really in a quandry as to wether to continue the class and maybe actually put my dog back a bit in the process, I almost felt as though we were grade 8 students stuck in a grade 5 class at times last night, or wether to stick out the classes and see what we can learn even if it's seems as though he is a bit bored, and use our free weekend training time together on the weekends to try and continue to get his speed up and to work on the distance thing at the same time. I mean I think we can learn something from the classes just not anywhere near as much as I was hoping for at this time and I am actually a bit concerned about maybe retarding him some.
Any thoughts
was really stepping back quite a bit to accomodate the other dogs in the class. He even made the comment that Cosmo & I Had progress far ahead of where he thought we were at. I got the distinct feeling during the class that Cosmo was really bored and where his early class performance was excellent
performance & speed wise which is what we have been working hard at that by the end of the class he was slowing down quite a bit and really didn't seem to be into it. However the instructor did start to teach some distance control exercises which is something that both Cosmo & I really need, that is one of the principle reasons that I haven't tried a gamblers event yet is that Cosmo really won't or doesn't like to work at a distance of probably more then a yard or 2 away from me right now, so from that point we were learning something. So when I left the class last night I was really in a quandry as to wether to continue the class and maybe actually put my dog back a bit in the process, I almost felt as though we were grade 8 students stuck in a grade 5 class at times last night, or wether to stick out the classes and see what we can learn even if it's seems as though he is a bit bored, and use our free weekend training time together on the weekends to try and continue to get his speed up and to work on the distance thing at the same time. I mean I think we can learn something from the classes just not anywhere near as much as I was hoping for at this time and I am actually a bit concerned about maybe retarding him some.
Any thoughts
Last edited:
