The Other End of the Leash -- short book review

Phebe*DD

Forums Enthusiast
The Other End of the Leash, by Patricia McConnell

I purchased this book on dog behavior last week and am really enjoying learning how the communication differences between primates and canines can confuse my dog. It's not a book on training, but Patricia McConnell's description of how to physically communicate the intent of the 'come' command has already helped me improve Phebe's recall.

If you're someone who needs to understand 'why' when it comes to training, this book will probably benefit your relationship with your dog.
 
I agree! I read this sometime back and thought it was very informative. Little things we don't usually pay much attention to make a big difference to our dogs.
 
I will have to add this to my book list! I have so many books that I have to read right now. But I will definitely look into this one too. Thanks.
 
Back
Top