The road to AKC Novice

Phebe*DD

Forums Enthusiast
I can't believe that we've been training in Agility for an entire year. When we started last August, I was just looking for something fun to do with Phebe. She was only six months old, so we started with really low jumps and contacts, and I told everyone 'this is just for fun -- we'll never trial'.

BUT, then, in January, I got bitten by the bug and decided to find a more experienced trainer. It just didn't seem right not to give my contact-happy, weave-devil, agility-loving girl her chance in the agility ring.

So, now we're taking up to 3 classes per week and looking forward to our first trials in September. I know that every run won't be clean and the mistakes will be my fault, but most of all we're going to have a blast and enjoy the company of all our new friends who love agility, too.

Who knows? Maybe we'll even get a few titles in the process.
 
Excellent attitude. Trialing and training is all about spending time with your dog and your friends. At the end of the day, you still get to take the best dog home. :smile2: Took me years to figure that out. I have so much more fun now and although I want my dogs to do well, its not the end of the world if they don't.

Ember taught me that. Smile, be happy and get over yourself and I'll work my heart out for you. Be a grump and I'll pick up my blocks and go home.:lol: This the dog I used to think would never get a title ever.

Good luck on your trialing. Remember savor the journey not the destination.:smile2:
 
you must be very proud, I certainly would be if I were you!!
Way to go, and great attitude
I know the feeling of being bitten by the Agility bug.. and you're right it would be sad NOT to have Phebe do her agility magic!! I didn't think I'd ever trial with Toffee, but when the agility trainer said I should, I was like why the hell not? LOL
Did anybody mention videos yet? :)
 
Was that a plural "trailS"? Hehehe. Good luck and I love that you did the same thing as me....it's just for fun. I signed up to burn off some puppy energy and get Koji to focus. Then next thing you know, I wanted to try a trial (he's slow though). And now, I'm so sadly hooked. Welcome to the addiction of agility. It'll be worse after your first one....then doubly worse as you get closer to a title and then get said title.

I wonder if there's a 12-step program. I may need this. LOL. Can't wait to see photos and videos.
 
Was that a plural "trailS"? ...

You read it correctly. We're signed up for a 3-day trial Sept 17-19 and then a 2-day trial Sept 25-26, Standard and JWW each day, for a total of 10 runs. Both trials are also offering FAST on all days, but at this point I think FAST would just fry my brain.

Photos and video? Guess I need to get a video camera ... :yes:
 
YES you do need a video, or just a digital with camera, lol.. we aren't that picky!!
long we get to see you guys in action :)
It is soooo great to hear and learn about how other handlers are like this..
 
Back
Top