These are the best biscuit treats ever!

karol

Forums Regular
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
This recipe is actually only 1/2 batch...I like small batches as they stay fresh, you may want to double it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 egg
¼ cup canned pumpkin (make sure is pure pumpkin not the pie mix)
1 tablespoons peanut butter (Always use ORGANIC or all Natural PEANUT BUTTER as regular peanut butter contains a lot of toxins)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)

Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, (just a few drops). The dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch thick roll.

Cut into ½ inch pieces or use your favorite cookie cutter.

Bake in preheated oven until hard. I baked them for 20-25 minutes as I like them softer to break in pieces for training rewards. For hard biscuits bake up to 40 minutes…just check every few minutes past 25 to make sure they don’t burn.

http://www.coppergifts.com/cookie-c...eStyle=H&resultCnt=36&keyword=dog+bone&type=1

GIFT IDEA: I’ve got the 2” and 3.25” cutters from this site and the biscuits look fabulous. The biscuits make great gifts …just stack 4-5 biscuits one on top of the other and tie with ribbon.

TIP: I freeze the left over pumpkin in an ice cube tray, after frozen I store the cubes in zip lock bag. Saide loves pumpkin as a treat, I take a cube out and let it thaw and serve on top of dry kibble. If eaten outside she loves it frozen. Also I measured each cube to be 2 tablespoons and can use for recipes when needed.
 
Last edited:
sounds like its easy to make, have you made it yet? How many does the recipe make? A good amount of should I double it? I'll have to remember this recipe when I cut up my pumpkins..
 
I still haven't gotten around to cutting up and freezing pumpkin. I need to get on that asap. :uhoh:

I got some very cheap cooking making supplies this weekend. Hobby Lobby and Michael's have bone and dog shaped cookie cutters. I got a boxed set of dog cookie cutters (small dog bone, dog house, dog, and a dog paw), and then I bought a seperate large dog bone cookie cutter PLUS some other baking supplies for cookies for about $6.

I have a cat cookie cutter somewhere. I'll let Smudge take out his frustrations on Tux by eating a cat cookie. :lol:
 
Yes, I've made them several times...The recipe posted is actually cut in half so you may want to double it to make a whole batch.

Using the smaller 2" bone cookie cutter I got maybe 20-25 cookies out of the recipe posted.

Also I forgot to include in the recipe (just edited it) that you should use organic or natural peanut butter vs regular peanut butter as it is healthier for dogs.
 
Ohh I hope these don't turn out like the sweet potato ones, because the chef ate most of those before they got to the dogs. :lol:

Thanks, will try this out over the weekend. I love when the house smells like pumpkin baking, too.
 
I've tasted these myself, there isn't any sugar in them so to me don't have much taste at all....but to Sadie...OMG she loves 'em

Where as roasting the sweet potatoes in the other recipe, brings out the natural sugars making them extra tasty indeed, almost like candy.

It's always good knowing that the treats we give them don't have any additives or unhealthy ingredients.
 
I've tasted these myself, there isn't any sugar in them so to me don't have much taste at all

HAHAHA! You are so busted! :lol:

Actually, I do the same thing. :uhoh: :yes: Every time I make something for the dogs I feel the need to taste test it. Why do I torture myself? :no:
 
Back
Top