Those fluffy pants are making me crazy

Phew, I was hoping I wouldn't ruin her coat but she's so messy back there! I'll use scissors & only do a little at a time so I don't scalp her.
 
No to clippers. But you already knew that. Except maybe poop cute only, directly beneath the tail. May not be appropriate for show dogs????

I don't see a problem with using thinning shears, but undercoat only! I had decide to take off Bacca's butt hair and she took the guard hair to. What I ended up with was unruly undercoat with no guard to keep it flat. It took two years to grow back properly.

But in reality, I've found that a bath and high velocity blow dry, followed by a good brush and rake, thins Indy's pants beautifully. And he has really fat pants, though not so long.

Then youcan neaten the lines with a little scissoring.
 
Last edited:
nope trim away, just make sure they are thinning shears you use, double sided if you can trim better.. you want to go for a U shape on each side of the tail, and trim to the hock line so the bottom of the U stops at the hock, dont want to go too short :)
 
I embraced my boy's fluffiness. :smile2:

All I did was a little hand scissor-clipping around his anus, so he wouldn't have a problem with "dingleberries".
 
I am getting a kick out of this. Lil' Lady is the first dog I have ever had where I have to wipe her butt. I give her a poop straight on down. The pants I trim the
hair that looks stringy at the very end. That is a very little amount.

Its like bangs on a person, when her pants get out of shape then I trim. When her pants drag the ground I trim. Every time she goes out to do her business I have to check her even with trimming as close as I can get by her butt without
shaving her bald. I have to say I love the fluff on each side of her poop chute.

Its a task keeping them beautiful.
 
Back
Top