Time to get to Work!

cmae

Forums Enthusiast
Summer came and went, and it seems like a lot of our agility days went with it. Life got in the way - I accepted a full time position at work, and then decided it would be a good idea to go back to school too (what was I thinking, right?). All these new changes made me shy away from working with Cruz. Instead, we got out and hiked and had talks amongst the trees. It was needed and it was fun.

Last week our trainer asked if we wanted to come for a play date (she has a sheltie that is a couple of months younger than Cruz and they are the best of buds). Anyway, we ended up playing a bit of agility and I realized how much we were missing it. Watching Kim and Syrah also made me feel very "behind" in training. I had goals to trial next year, and dreams of working towards our first title together. Life got in the way, but now we have a new found determination to meet our goals again. That means we have a LOT of work (...play!) to do. We signed up for an online handling course that starts this week, and we will start weekly lessons with our trainer again. Will post videos as we go along, of course :biggrin2:

Feeling really excited.. having a companion dog is fun, but nothing beats working alongside him as a team :hugs

p.s. if anyone ever figures out how to play agility full time and not work without running out of money, please let me know!
 
Excited for you! Can't wait to see how you guys grow as a team.

And if I find a way to do agility full time, I'll let you know! I'm bummed because of the time change that means no agility after work anymore. It's too dark!
 
Excited for you! Can't wait to see how you guys grow as a team.

And if I find a way to do agility full time, I'll let you know! I'm bummed because of the time change that means no agility after work anymore. It's too dark!

Time changes are silly! A small group of dog freaks (I'm one of them :wink2:) are all doing the same online course so we will be pitching in to rent a room in a doggy daycare to run the skills and drills. 1-2 hours of agility a week will have to do for now..
 
Enjoy your journey! You and Cruz will have a great time learning and playing and growing as a team. I can't wait to hear about your progress.

p.s. if anyone ever figures out how to play agility full time and not work without running out of money, please let me know!

I only know of two [legal] ways - marry someone rich or hit the lottery. The former is out for me (wouldn't trade my hubby for the world) so I'm attempting the latter. :lol:
 
I'm interested to hear all your thoughts on the handling system we are learning.. it is so different from what I see most people using on here. The instructors are Canadian world champs and use an international style handling. Very difficult but lots of fun to watch! I will obviously not be the best person to demonstrate.. give me a few years :wink2:
 
p.s. if anyone ever figures out how to play agility full time and not work without running out of money, please let me know!

I would like to know that too if anyone has the answer. If I could just do agility every day and still pay my bills, I'd be the happiest person on Earth :biggrin2:
 
I would like to know that too if anyone has the answer. If I could just do agility every day and still pay my bills, I'd be the happiest person on Earth :biggrin2:

become a famous trainer, compete on world teams and get sponsored to do agility all the time:winkgrin::pop
 
Back
Top