Tramadol

I am a medical assistant and as far as I know can be crushed. Of course just make sure that whatever you put it in gets consumed for max benefit. I assume it is for poor Miss Lottie. I just read your post about her latest vet visit. So sorry she is suffering.

Teri & Sassy
 
Thanky you!! I appreciate your response.

And yes its for my Lottie. She was doing so much better yesterday, but today she wouldn't eat her breakfast and seems lethargic again. I'm so worried about her. I never thought removing a nail would turn into such an ordeal!
 
Bless her heart. I know you hate to see her that way. :cry: I know with people anything on the lower legs/feet takes longer to heal due to decreased blood flow. It might be the same with dogs.
 
Poor little Lottie. After it's crushed, try putting it in either a teaspoon of applesauce or a teaspoon of baby food (lamb or chicken).
 
I'm new to the board (my 1st post). My 12 year old Sheltie, Maggie May, was just put on Tramadol to ease her arthritis pain. I found Maggie was more than willing to take her pill when I put it in a very small ball of cream cheese. She actually runs to the kitchen when she hears me getting it ready! Just a suggestion; it might work for you, too. I hope your Lottie is feeling better soon.
 
Medication solutions

Cream cheese is great but i find we have very smart pets so if you need another something to hide pills in try pumpkin pie or this time of year sweet potato is even bettrr for them.
 
Back
Top