treats

i usually train w/ regular kibble - dog goes nuts for it (i think he just likes anything he can swallow! :rolleyes2:)

high value treats are usually leftovers. canned food. i gave him a chicken sandwich once for a behavior he was having a really hard time with - climbing stairs (now he sees a staircase and runs towards it!) haha.
 
I am very lucky with Brie, anything that falls into the category of food is a high value treat for her:lol:
 
Yup.. in our house ALL food is of the utmost and highest value :wink2: We use VitaLife Chicken Tenders (baked chicken filets), dried liver bits and bits of carrot. Sometimes I have a feeling that Miko would sit, down, stay, touch, etc. for a cotton ball if he thought it was food. He's soooooo food motivated... makes for relatively easy training, but also for A LOT of excitement at meal prep time (something we really need to work on!)
 
I am very lucky with Brie, anything that falls into the category of food is a high value treat for her:lol:

Ember too. Even kibble.

But her personal favorite, I will run across the dog walk or brave the evil teeter treat is a cheese rollup from taco bell.:lol: or left over steak. I better watch my fingers if I am giving either one of those items.
 
Ember too. Even kibble.

But her personal favorite, I will run across the dog walk or brave the evil teeter treat is a cheese rollup from taco bell.:lol: or left over steak. I better watch my fingers if I am giving either one of those items.

Saying you have to watch your fingers is so funny because that is soooo like Brie! While we were teaching her 'gentle' we fed her the treats on the palm of our hand like you do with horses just to keep our fingers:lol:
 
Yup.. in our house ALL food is of the utmost and highest value We use VitaLife Chicken Tenders (baked chicken filets), dried liver bits and bits of carrot. Sometimes I have a feeling that Miko would sit, down, stay, touch, etc. for a cotton ball if he thought it was food. He's soooooo food motivated... makes for relatively easy training, but also for A LOT of excitement at meal prep time (something we really need to work on!)

Ember too. Even kibble.

But her personal favorite, I will run across the dog walk or brave the evil teeter treat is a cheese rollup from taco bell. or left over steak. I better watch my fingers if I am giving either one of those items.

Saying you have to watch your fingers is so funny because that is soooo like Brie! While we were teaching her 'gentle' we fed her the treats on the palm of our hand like you do with horses just to keep our fingers

yeah- the shelties will do anything for food:wink2:
Callie is a shark if there are other dogs nearby and she's worried that she won't get her share. I do often do the open palm with her.

the pups like to run up to people that they think have treats and sit right in front of them looking cute:smile2: but unfortunately, too many people give in to the cuteness and they get the cookies which leads to more of the same.
some of the people in Dixie's class have asked first if they can give her cookies and I usually deny it- she needs to get her cookies from me:winkgrin:.
 
Back
Top