Trial observations

I've seen some pretty poor behaviour at trials too. Several times I have seen people storm off when they dog has done a fault - not even a DQ. At the Canberra Royal there were a couple of really bad people carrying on at their dogs (BCs) and it was easy to tell the dog was stuffing up because the person was so strung out - not the other way around. For the afternoon trials the judges actually pulled the Masters group aside and told them they were on public display so needed to behave themselves, it did help a little.

I say their name if I want their attention and clap m hands if I want them to come to me.
 
I always remember this one guy. He sounded like he was yelling at his dog, to do the commands he was barking. It sounded bad, but afterwards, the dog went jumping into his arms, he was laughing and cooing at the dog. I think men tend to sound more like they're barking orders (most of the men I see at NADAC do). But yeah, rarely do I see anyone truly mad at their dog. Maybe when I get to AKC or USDAA I'll see more of it.

And sadly, besides using his name, I dno't know what I use for "come" or "here". He doesn't really know either, so I think I use his name more to get his attention and to pull him back to me.
 
Back
Top