Piper's mom
Moderator
There aren’t many photo labs around besides Costco and maybe some Walmart’s that will let you do individual cards from a photo. I just recently realized we have a local photo lab that does this…it’s quick and relatively inexpensive to do.
I just love the idea of doing a more personalized card with my own pictures (and who among us doesn’t have thousands of pictures of their dogs?
) and being able to personalize the inside or just leaving it blank!
I need to go through pictures on my computer but just from my iPad (and the pictures I’ve posted on Facebook) I was able to choose several to do up some cards. I also did a card for my sister’s birthday (not until May) from a picture of her from her 60th birthday party. I won’t post the picture because some might be offended (she’s giving me the finger) but it was a hilarious photo and memory and I know she’ll love it.
Just wanted to let you all know of the options that may be available. Personally I’d rather get a card like this than one from the store.
Bonus for me they screwed up my order and rather than the 4 separate cards I ordered they gave me 4 of the ones with Piper and Finnie in the window. When I went back (40 minute drive in rush hour traffic) they doubled up my cards so gave me 8 (2 of each) so I ended up with 12 cards (they were on sale for 3.99 each)
Here’s the 3 dog ones I ordered.
This card is for our local lumber store…Piper’s favourite place to go. We call it the cookie store so I figured a personalized card with Piper holding the bag would be super cute. The other 2 are blank. I love the card of the dogs in the port window…could be used for anything. The reflections are clouds, it was a sunny day when I took the pictures.
I must say the quality is excellent…I’m so used to getting from Costco but they don’t do them in store anymore and I find you get much better quality from the independent labs than the big companies that do thousands of photos.

I just love the idea of doing a more personalized card with my own pictures (and who among us doesn’t have thousands of pictures of their dogs?
) and being able to personalize the inside or just leaving it blank!I need to go through pictures on my computer but just from my iPad (and the pictures I’ve posted on Facebook) I was able to choose several to do up some cards. I also did a card for my sister’s birthday (not until May) from a picture of her from her 60th birthday party. I won’t post the picture because some might be offended (she’s giving me the finger) but it was a hilarious photo and memory and I know she’ll love it.
Just wanted to let you all know of the options that may be available. Personally I’d rather get a card like this than one from the store.
Bonus for me they screwed up my order and rather than the 4 separate cards I ordered they gave me 4 of the ones with Piper and Finnie in the window. When I went back (40 minute drive in rush hour traffic) they doubled up my cards so gave me 8 (2 of each) so I ended up with 12 cards (they were on sale for 3.99 each)
Here’s the 3 dog ones I ordered.
I must say the quality is excellent…I’m so used to getting from Costco but they don’t do them in store anymore and I find you get much better quality from the independent labs than the big companies that do thousands of photos.

