Upcoming Disc Pup

MoonshineDad, thanks for the tips! I don't know if disc is Buffy's thing but I am going to try some of those ideas. Right now she has problems catching the thing and holding it in her mouth...

Whiskey is adorable.... :smile2: I thought you had a blue merle Aussie? Or am I thinking of someone else?
 
MoonshineDad, thanks for the tips! I don't know if disc is Buffy's thing but I am going to try some of those ideas. Right now she has problems catching the thing and holding it in her mouth...

Whiskey is adorable.... :smile2: I thought you had a blue merle Aussie? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Good luck trying out those ideas!

Yes, I did have a blue merle aussie, she had some major behavioral problems that ended up being too much to take after numerous attempts to desensitize it became and issue of safety. This was about 15 stitches into my inner thigh later.
 
Any reason you are training him with hard discs rather than soft?

Of and he is looking better and better all the time. I love his color, almost orange like a cheap whiskey (JD is darker than him :yes:)
 
I tend to train with a soft and a hard fast back. I do use a soft bite whenever he's pulling with the disc, I want him to get used to the hard disc and the way it rolls though. He tends to be shy about things as most shelties are, and I'm trying to go with the rule of expose him to as many unique situations as I can by 12 weeks so I don't end up with overly shy pup.

I use a soft bite to really train and get him going, the hard disc for rollers only. When he hits about 6 months I'll phase out the soft-bite though as he'll have all adult teeth by then.

And yeah he is the cheap version of whiskey color haha, no JD for him...Johnnie Walker maybe though! I like his color too...he's a sable merle.
 
Back
Top