What are the best brushes?

Arztwolf

Forums Regular
What is the best brush for a Shelties coat?

Petsmart has a ton of different brushes/combs and I have no experience with long haired dogs.:o
 
there are many threads in the Grooming section about brushes and any other grooming equipment that you might need.......
 
My two shelties do best with a wide toothed comb with rounded tips. I also have a quality finer comb for the ear area. I have an undercoat rake (not blade or furminator) for coat blowing season. I also have nose scissors (blunt tips) for small trims. Earthbath is a solid no frills shampoo and comes in a variety of formulas.
 
what ever kind you get just make sure it doesnt have the little ball tips on the end as it damages the coat. There are many different types of brushes ranging from $15-$130 Its all what feels comfortable in your hand.
 
yeppers

My favorite is a combination boar/nylon bristle.

I have a boar bristle softie and one that has a bit more stiffness, and those seem to be tolerated by both my girls, neither likes being brushed much. But for the mats that occasionally happen I like the slicker type in the puppy size, those are so handy.
 
Back
Top