What are the official name of these things?

Trip

Forums Enthusiast
I know, I know the first one is a collie, but come on the 2nd Revielle was a sheltie. Just wanting to know what the name of what she and smokey is wearing...

It looks like a blanket, but I can't find anything on the net where people make or sell these. Would like to find something similar or custom made for Beignet but for my own favorite teams. Any help would appreciated...

http://clubs.aggienetwork.com/clearlakemomsclub/Website%20Images/reveille.jpg

24smokey_t607.jpeg
 
I would call it a dog coat. Petco has a bunch on their website. Reveille's is called a blanket though.
 
They're not terribly hard to make- it's the same principle as a winter/barn coat/blanket (like foggy mountain/weatherbeeta) but you can omit the belly strap or put them on the inside. There's a couple tutorials online like this one (used a similar principle to draft the pattern for Olive's Halloween costume).

If you were planning on it being worn outside I would add a subtle belly strap in thin, loose elastic or some sort of strap- I remember Revielle's blanket flying up during some windy games and it seemed like such a hassle (Our alma mater used to play them until they left the Big 12, DH likes to say the only good Revielle was the 2nd.)
 
Yeah, looks like the only way to get what I want will be to make it. Thanks for the tutorial.
 
Back
Top