what are your thoughts on jumping

SheltieChe

Forums Sage
That's very true.
I have watched Susan Salo DVD's and also work with my instructors on doing a lot of Jump grids, and am still rewarding a jump now and then... I do this exercise that I wait by the side of the jump and do nothing and once he takes it I throw a cookie, and repeat each time with me further away from the jump.
 
I'd say with my trainer now, training jumping, and skills involving jumping is one of the things we cover the most. I use Linda Mecklenberg's developing jumping skills
 
I think I lucked out with Cosmo when it comes to jumping, he just likes it and does it well, I have never really trained a paticuler jump method, but he rarely ever knocks down a bar at all. he might catch one every 50 or 60 runs
and then it usually the result of an error on my partturning him in too close typically or something really wierd with the course setup where the flow is choppy. although we box train a bit and do a bunch of the agilitynerds 30 second drills he likes those a lot .
 
Back
Top